[Solved]text editor

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
rh102801
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.7 kiosk

[Solved]text editor

Post#1 by rh102801 » 01 Apr 2014, 17:01

This might be a stupid question but as I mentioned on previous ports I am a total Linux newbie which s making this task challenging. I have modified an ISO and installed it on Hard drive with everything working almost the way I want it (will create a new post with the few issues I have left).

I created my ISO so it would allow an administrator to ssh to the system and login. I am trying to look at a few files in order to determine the reason for another problem I am having so I SSH into the system but can't figure out what text editor if any is in the system. I am used to using Vi but when I try to open a file using Vi it tells me -bash: vi: not found

Is this something I will need to install somehow as a persistent program or is there another text editor already available?

Thanks

EDIT

So what I am wanting to do here is to edit an html site that is stored in /tmp/homepage/default.html and I setup as our default homepage without having to modify it on another PC and recreating the ISO once more but I can't figure out how to edit it from an SSH connection as root.

rh102801
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.7 kiosk

Re: [Solved]text editor

Post#2 by rh102801 » 02 Apr 2014, 16:22

Well after going through the forums I found the answer to my question on this post

http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=2524

So I am marking this as solved.