unable to load firefox profile after adding custom module

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
millerthegorilla
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus kiosk

unable to load firefox profile after adding custom module

Post#1 by millerthegorilla » 23 Jul 2023, 22:50

Hi, I have added a script in /opt/scripts and have edited the openbox rc.xml which I have tried placing in /etc/xdg/openbox/rc.xml and also in /home/guest/.config/openbox/rc.xml.

The custom rc.xml includes a keybinding to C-A-w (ctrl-alt-w) to launch the script. I know the script works because I have installed it and tested it via ssh.

But when I make the custom Porteus-Kiosk.iso, either with a customized 003-settings.xzm or a custom_wifi.xzm when I install the iso to the hard drive, porteus-kiosk complains that it cannot load the firefox profile, which I guess is because the rc.xml is customized. Because it cannot load the firefox profile, initialisation halts before I am able to ssh into the box to poke about the place.

Is there a correct way to edit rc.xml?

I have seen the run_command in the FAQ, but I would rather avoid multiline sed commands if possible.

Thanks in advance...