Permanently disable bluetooth and wireless devices (mouse, keyboard)

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
deepakm
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: KIOSK

Post#1 by deepakm » 14 Apr 2023, 08:34

I want to allow only wired peripheral devices. I want to restrict students from using Bluetooth or wireless for connecting mouse or keyboard and indulge in malpractice during their tests. Can this be achieved by any configuration?

deepakm
White ninja
White ninja

Post#2 by deepakm » 17 Apr 2023, 01:16

Is the above impossible to achieve? Can anyone give me a hint as to how it can be done? I unsquashed settings.xzm and I created a file /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist-bluetooth.conf with the below content. But it didn't help. I was still able to use wireless mouse.

blacklist bnep
blacklist bluetooth
blacklist btusb
blacklist wl

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#3 by beny » 17 Apr 2023, 07:42

hi, try to know rfkill option in terminal or you have to write an udev rule for the bluetooth devices.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#4 by fanthom » 17 Apr 2023, 07:50

Hello deepakm,

I guess you would have to remaster the ISO and remove relevant drives from 000-kernel.xzm module.

Moving the thread to a proper subforum category.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

deepakm
White ninja
White ninja

Post#5 by deepakm » 19 Apr 2023, 12:05

Thanks beny and fanthom for your replies. I see there is a udev rule 60-block.rules in 001-core.xzm(lib64/udev). Would it be the right place to add this rule? Or should I be doing it in the 003-settings.xzm(lib64/udev)?

Thanks,
Deepak M