unsquashfs and then mksquashfs break SSH

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
link08
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus-Kiosk-3.7.0-i586

Post#1 by link08 » 05 Dec 2017, 02:45

I need to modify 003-settings.xzm, because I need to modify /opt/porteus-scripts/gui-app to change my browser behaviour. Ii also have module 08-ssh.xzm in my porteus kiosk ISO. After I mksquashfs 003-settings.xzm file and create porteus kiosk ISO again - SSH module stop working. At first I thought that my modifications of /opt/porteus-scripts/gui-app is the cause of the problem. However I unsquashfs>squashfs 003-settings.xzm file WITHOUT any modifications and SSH module stop working. When I try to use port scaner on port 22 on porteus kiosk it shows that port is open, but not listening. I use instructions from http://porteus-kiosk.org/modules.html so they are not correct.
I would appreciate ASAP answers on question since I need to prepare the project today or tomorrow.

link08
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus-Kiosk-3.7.0-i586

Post#2 by link08 » 06 Dec 2017, 11:57

possible solution will be use dir2xzm instead of using mksquashfs from squashfs-tools.