Some annoyances with Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE

Get help with XFCE specific problems
Arif
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 XFCE

Some annoyances with Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE

Post#1 by Arif » 07 Feb 2017, 11:47

1. Saving session doesn't work like it used to in v3.1. Previously the saved session module would include WiFi passwords and in-app settings too, but now it doesn't. For example, if I change the search engine of Chromium from duckduckgo to Google and save the session in a module, it reverts back to duckduckgo the next time I boot

2. Network Manager barely works. Sometimes when I click on the icon, the icon disappears although the connection is still active (on lucky days). I then have to summon it by typing nm-applet in the terminal to bring the icon again. At other times, the icon disappears and closes the connection altogether and I can't reconnect even if I run it from terminal--it just says Network Manager Disabled

3. Even when I boot Porteus with copy2ram and unplug my flash drive, the network manager stops working. It works only as long as I have the flash drive plugged in

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Re: Some annoyances with Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE

Post#2 by tome » 07 Feb 2017, 19:57

ad 2. Try

Code: Select all

/etc/rc.d/rc.networkmanager -help
ad 1. Close chromium, check that your session module is loaded as last, check that your module is not empty, ... something else :unknown:
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.

Arif
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus 3.1 XFCE

Post#3 by Arif » 09 Feb 2017, 11:04

Thanks! I renamed the changes module to make it load after Chromium and that fixed the issue :)

As for the Network Manager, I tried

Code: Select all

/etc/rc.d/rc.networkmanager -restart
but that didn't help. I get a "Device timeout reached" error when I try to reconnect.

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Post#4 by tome » 09 Feb 2017, 17:50

Do you have the same issue in Always Fresh Mode? Maybe you should block unneeded drivers :unknown:, you can see: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiD ... er/bcm43xx
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.