wine 1.3.5 : how to avoid gecko install popup?

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
att
Contributor
Contributor

wine 1.3.5 : how to avoid gecko install popup?

Post#1 by att » 16 Sep 2011, 05:10

Hello,
I'm using WINE 1.3.5 and Porteus 1.
The Wine module I am using is : wine-1.3.5-x86_64.xzm, 26.058.752 bytes (can't remember anymore where I found it - sorry! )

The little annoying problem: I want to start up Totalcommander using Wine, so I do: "wine TOTALCMD.EXE" .
It works fine, but the first time I do this, Wine _always_ wants to install Gecko. If I click "yes, download Gecko", it fails. If I click no, it won't install Gecko, but will continue.

How can I tell Wine at the first time of starting Wine not to try to install Gecko?
Also, I do not know why Gecko-download fails all the time. Is there a proper Gecko file for this version of Wine, and if so, how do I install it?

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: wine 1.3.5 : how to avoid gecko install popup?

Post#2 by francois » 16 Sep 2011, 12:53

It seems you found your module from Ponce repo last spring:
http://ponce.cc/testing/porteus.old/modules/multilib/
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: wine 1.3.5 : how to avoid gecko install popup?

Post#3 by fanthom » 16 Sep 2011, 20:52

@att
wine saves it's configuration in hidden folder named ".wine" under your home dir:

Code: Select all

/home/guest/.wine
/root/.wine
after next launch of any app by wine just create xzm module containing /home/guest/.wine (full path is needed) and you wont be prompted for installing gecko engine anymore.

Cheers
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.