compile software issue

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

compile software issue

Post#1 by beny » 08 Jan 2015, 13:11

hi xfce version 64 bit, gst-plugin : /bin/sed: can't read /usr/lib64/libldap.la: No such file or directory into usr lib64 there is s trange version of this software and another issue with opejpeg i have a compiled version of the mplayer build by ponce but installed i receive the error:mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: libopenjpeg.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory,i have build a version but the error is the same,my problem is how can i change version if software libraries are hard coded into core,well i can do this on my system,but i have to test porteus so epdfviewer to start need another lib,the usm is a great piece of software without the xzm compression it can be sharable with all slackers?

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Re: compile software issue

Post#2 by tome » 08 Jan 2015, 15:07

cd /usr/lib(64) && ln -s libopenjpeg.so libopenjpeg.so.1 ? Or symlink to libjpeg?
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: compile software issue

Post#3 by brokenman » 10 Jan 2015, 19:19

Usually in slackbuilds the .la files are removed. Compile openldap from source but comment out the part that removes the .la files.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.