file date/time stamps

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Re: file date/time stamps

Post#16 by Ed_P » 22 Jun 2014, 00:56

I don't see a "Configure date and time setting" option in my RazorQT desktop menu or the Porteus menu. Not sayIing there isn't one just not one that I am seeing.

In the /etc/ director I see two localtime files. Both open with Activate and one is a shortcut. The name of the 1st file is "localtime", the name of the second is "localtime-copied-from" and it's Properties show it's Link Target as "/usr/share/zoneinfo/Factory". And Factory, from what I have read, is for using the BIOS's clock setting if it's set to local time, which mine is. And I found that the timeconfig command supports setting that option. That's why I asked.

Just curious that's all. And still very happy that your module resolves my time problem. :beer:
Ed

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Re: file date/time stamps

Post#17 by Ed_P » 24 Jun 2014, 15:24

A different machine...
wread wrote:Configure date and time settings>New York

Then make a module>etc>localtime, that's all :)
Now I understand. :)
Ed_P wrote:I don't see a "Configure date and time setting" option in my RazorQT desktop menu or the Porteus menu. Not sayIing there isn't one just not one that I am seeing.
Menu>System Tools>Porteus Settings Centre>System Settings>Time Config

I'm a slow learner. :oops:
Ed