Flash Problem

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
philipz
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: linux mint

Flash Problem

Post#1 by philipz » 29 Mar 2014, 10:51

Tried Porteus 3 on an old laptop with an Intel 855GM graphics card which is running the i915 kernel module and i wasnt able to watch videos on youtube.

I initially thought it was the hardware acceleration issue, so i tried to disable in within the flash player, and was able to do so with alot of difficulty, but that still didnt solve the issue. I ran the salix 13.37 which has flash 11.2.202.236 with hardware accelerated enabled and it didnt have the same issue. It was also nice that salix included System > Preferences > Adobe Flash Player as instructed by flash player's global settings - < http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... nager.html >.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: Flash Problem

Post#2 by francois » 29 Mar 2014, 11:37

No problem playing youtube x men days of future past trailer toshiba z930 with Intel® HD Graphics 4000.

Have you got these results in always fresh mode?

There seems to be something wrong with the setup of your graphic card. One of the dev should appear soon. :wink:
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

philipz
Ronin
Ronin

Post#3 by philipz » 29 Mar 2014, 16:08

yes i was using the 'Always Fresh' mode. Well i decided to check changing the boot settings with `nomodeset xforcevesa` and then flash showed up correctly.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#4 by francois » 29 Mar 2014, 16:34

Welcome to porteus. I am sure you will give a second life to your computer with this simple and swift os.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

philipz
Ronin
Ronin

Post#5 by philipz » 30 Mar 2014, 12:07

Thanks for the welcome francois. I had installed porteus along side with a number of other non-pae distros (lxle, soldyxk, lmde, puppy, salix) and wish porteus was detectable by grub.