kdenlive

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
edge226
Contributor
Contributor

kdenlive

Post#1 by edge226 » 25 Mar 2012, 05:32

Code: Select all

$ kdenlive
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib64/mlt/libmltavformat.so
  (libx264.so.120: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
mlt_repository_init: failed to dlopen /usr/lib64/mlt/libmltsox.so
  (libsox.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
For the first one it looks as if a newer ffmpeg + x264 is required. Not sure about the second error. may resolve itself if the first is resolved.

Looks as if installing an updated x264 got rid of one issue. Maybe that should be linked as a dependency for kdenlive to work properly.

The second error is still present upon running kdenlive.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: kdenlive

Post#2 by fanthom » 25 Mar 2012, 08:57

please grab 'multimedia/sox-14.3.2-x86_64-1.xzm' from official repo.
it should be downloaded automatically if you used PPM.

regarding x264 - i hope we will have 'auto update' function in next version of PPM which supposed to:
a) scan local user repo and compare module version with modules from porteus repo (PACKAGES.txt file)
b) notify about possible updates
c) deactivate old modules (this may cause troubles as some modules may be 'busy'), download and activate new ones
this is how i see it. it's probably the only way to keep users repo with official one in sync as i'm pushing various updates pretty often.
if we fail with this function then probably i'll be updating repo only once per each porteus release to make sure everything works.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

edge226
Contributor
Contributor

Re: kdenlive

Post#3 by edge226 » 26 Mar 2012, 16:34

This is not an ideal way to do things but you could keep track of the ones that are busy and cannot be deactivated and removed and then a reboot suggestion since the module was not cleanly deactivated.