Whitelist all subpages for a domain.

Share your opinion about Porteus Kiosk Edition.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Aitrusskyy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 4.1

Whitelist all subpages for a domain.

Post#1 by Aitrusskyy » 21 Dec 2016, 16:58

This may be a stupid question but If I am whitelisting a domain and I can't use wildcards, is there a way to whitelist a domain for all subpages within or does porteus already do this?

Example:
google.com
google.com/subpage
google.com/mypage
google.com/hispage
google.com/herpage

Instead of having to whitelist google.com and google.com/subpage etc.. Is there a way to whitelist just google.com so the other sublinks work?
Is there a way to make this happen since we can't use wild cards? If I use IP will that allow for more depth in pages within a domain?

I am trying to prevent having to grab every single url from a whitelisted page I have that has several pages with several different links in each page but they are all under the same domain..

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Whitelist all subpages for a domain.

Post#2 by fanthom » 21 Dec 2016, 17:04

Hello Aitrusskyy,

Wildcards are enabled by default. You should not add '*' character as its there already.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Aitrusskyy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 4.1

Re: Whitelist all subpages for a domain.

Post#3 by Aitrusskyy » 21 Dec 2016, 17:27

Cancel that. It automatically does this. I just missed a small change in the urls I was whitelisting.