Network Connection Issue 3.4

Share your opinion about Porteus Kiosk Edition.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
chkchaitu
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus-Kiosk

Network Connection Issue 3.4

Post#1 by chkchaitu » 14 Jul 2015, 12:13

Hi, Have been using 3.3 for few months now and it works fine with wired network without any issue.

I have downloaded 3.4 and used the same settings that I have used for 3.3 but after booting, it shows a message saying network connection could not be established and firefox loads normally.

Have tried multiple times by downloading the ISO and re-running the wizard but no luck.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Network Connection Issue 3.4

Post#2 by fanthom » 14 Jul 2015, 12:52

"I have downloaded 3.4 and used the same settings that I have used for 3.3 but after booting, it shows a message saying network connection could not be established "
Do you mean that wizard connects to the network normally, you can install kiosk but after booting 'connection could not be established' message is displayed?

"and firefox loads normally."
Does it open the homepage?

If answer is YES to above questions then please enable debug mode in the wizard and send me generated system report on support@porteus-kioks.org

Thank you
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

chkchaitu
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus-Kiosk

Re: Network Connection Issue 3.4

Post#3 by chkchaitu » 16 Jul 2015, 14:25

Looks like the issue is only on the HP Desktop I am using.

The ISO works fine in Virtualbox and works as expected. But the same ISO when used on the HP Desktop, firefox fails to connect to the network.