Change Wifi Networks

Share your opinion about Porteus Kiosk Edition.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
d0ntp4n1c
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus kiosk

Change Wifi Networks

Post#1 by d0ntp4n1c » 30 Oct 2014, 20:18

Hi All! First off thanks to the devs for the hard work on this distro. Needed something for a job fair to keep things secure and this will work out perfectly! Now to the question. This should be simple but I can't find the answer after searching for awhile :wall:

Is it possible to change wifi networks without rebuilding the image? I am trying to prep a bunch of computers and the one thing I DONT know is if they will be using wifi or not and what the SSID info would be. I hate opening a thread for this but searched and couldn't find anything. :unknown:

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Change Wifi Networks

Post#2 by fanthom » 31 Oct 2014, 13:01

hi d0ntp4n1c,

kiosk config is encrypted and embedded in the ISO so you cant change it easily (we have a reason for that: kiosk is often placed in a public places). it's recommended to use the wizard for each kiosk installation.

if you are not afraid of manual modifications then you could enable 'wired->dhcpcd' connection in the wizard (set other things as you like) and then add wifi config to 003-settings.xzm and start wpa_supplicant through /etc/rc.d/rc.local.

that should work.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.