HP t5565 [SOLVED]

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
acumatt
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

HP t5565 [SOLVED]

Post#1 by acumatt » 23 Nov 2017, 17:58

Hello,

I have a few HP t5565 Thinclients I'd like to deploy as digital signage. I seem to be having issues with the VIA VX900 display adapters. When booting a Kiosk installer the screen loses signal, however when installing the Thinclient version it runs through fine.

I've rebuilt the Kiosk installer to force VESA and I can get it installed fine but I need the higher resolution and rotation a proper driver would support. Is there anyway to pull the graphics drivers out of the Thinclient version and push them into the Kiosk installer?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

HP t5565

Post#2 by fanthom » 23 Nov 2017, 21:18

"When booting a Kiosk installer the screen loses signal, however when installing the Thinclient version it runs through fine."
That makes no sense as both systems use exactly the same kernel and drivers.

Please boot ThinClient version, generate debug report in the wizard and send it to support@porteus-kiosk.org:
http://porteus-kiosk.org/screens/news/150829/report.png

"I've rebuilt the Kiosk installer to force VESA and I can get it installed fine"
How did you do this? By remastering installation ISO?

Thank you.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

acumatt
Ronin
Ronin

HP t5565

Post#3 by acumatt » 23 Nov 2017, 21:47

Sorry, I'm an idiot. I was using an old version of Kiosk and it was not working for me. Downloaded 4.5 and all works as advertised.