Whitelisting YouTube Videos

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
tb12
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk

Whitelisting YouTube Videos

Post#1 by tb12 » 21 Apr 2017, 14:42

Hello!

I am trying to whitelist specific YouTube videos. Unfortunately when I add the YouTube video to the whitelist, I am still able to FULLY navigate YouTube. This means click on other videos that are not in my whitelist, use the search bar to search for other videos, ect. Can anyone else tell me if they have experienced this problem and a way to fix it?

Thank you.

tb12
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk

Re: Whitelisting YouTube Videos

Post#2 by tb12 » 26 Apr 2017, 20:44

Hi!

Incase anyone has trouble with youtube, I found a solution (kind of a pain in the butt, but it works). What I did was create a website and put the embedded YoutTube videos in this website, and whitelisted them. I then had to go into the source code of my website and whitelist a specific separate url which allowed the video to play. It took me a while to do (I had to whitelist over 150 videos) but I had fun doing it! Porteus is really cool I enjoyed playing with it.

Tb12