Configuration wizard run every time

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
acislak
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Centos

Configuration wizard run every time

Post#1 by acislak » 24 Nov 2016, 16:51

Hi there,
my first post here. I have some problems deploying porteus-kiosk, 4.1.0. The configuration wizard is started every time I reboot the computer. Changes in configuration are not saved to the remastered iso image.

My scenario:
I burn P-K iso image to a cdrom, and start my computer from it. I configure the network, choose browser, enable remote management etc. In the last step of configuration I install P-K to an usb thumbdrive. When it's finished I boot the computer from said usb drive, and I have to configure P-K all over again (network, browser, other settings). Is this how it's supposed to work? I would expect the configuration to be included in remastered iso image and loaded at boot.

Any help would be much appreciated.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Configuration wizard run every time

Post#2 by fanthom » 24 Nov 2016, 17:40

Hello acislak,

Did you eject CD? Maybe kiosk is booting from hard drive and not usb stick as usb is slower to initialize.

Please make sure that hd/CD are not active -> burn installation ISO on usb stick -> configure kiosk in the wizard and burn it on the very same usb you have booted from (you may need to replug it to be visible in the wizard).

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

acislak
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Centos

Post#3 by acislak » 24 Nov 2016, 18:00

Fanthom,
appreciate the answer. I tested different combinations. Also burning iso to usb drive, booting from usb, configuring it, and then overwirting it on the usb. I tested both installing and saving iso to usb. To no avail. I don't want to write P-K to hdd since I have installed windows and linux on it (for future iso booting from hdd).

Can you confirm that after initial configuration, installed/saved iso should run into chosen browser and skip the wizard?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#4 by fanthom » 24 Nov 2016, 18:08

"Can you confirm that after initial configuration, installed/saved iso should run into chosen browser and skip the wizard?"
Yes. Try in virtual machine or on some other PC.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.