[Solved] Porteus Kiosk 3.0 SSH

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
rh102801
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.7 kiosk

[Solved] Porteus Kiosk 3.0 SSH

Post#1 by rh102801 » 24 Mar 2014, 15:33

Is there anything special I need to do to be able to SSH to the kiosk device? I created passwords for root and guest on the wizard and enabled SSH as well but once the device is up and running and I try to SSH to it I am not successful.
I am running Porteus Kiosk from the Hard Drive.

Thanks

rh102801
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.7 kiosk

Re: [Solved] Porteus Kiosk 3.0 SSH

Post#2 by rh102801 » 25 Mar 2014, 14:03

After creating numerous images and thinking I was losing my mind, Fanthom indicated that SSH was not enabled in my image which prompted me to think something was up with my browser. I tried Firefox instead of IE11 and everything works as it's supposed to.
Some boxes seem to be missing or not displaying properly under IE11 but I didn't know any better since that's all I had accessed the wizard from. Not sure if this was a problem with IE11 or just configuration issues with IE11 on my PC but as mentioned, using a different browser took care of the issue for me.

Thanks Fanthom for your help.