Kiosk version but only with File Manager?

New features which should be implemented in Porteus Kiosk Edition and the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
guimenez
White ninja
White ninja

Kiosk version but only with File Manager?

Post#1 by guimenez » 20 Jun 2013, 12:12

Hi,
first of all, thank you for this fantastic software.

I know that Porteus Kiosk only have 40mb.
I want to user this version but only to open a File Manager to save files from one place to another.
Is it possible?

many thanks

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Kiosk version but only with File Manager?

Post#2 by fanthom » 20 Jun 2013, 21:24

yes it is possible (drop pcmanfm+libfm+deps to /modules folder) but please mind that kiosk kernel wont let you save anything on a writable filesystem (you may use kernel from 32bit standard edition to resolve this)
kiosk wont even let you download anything from internet or edit files so not sure if this is really what you want.
as suggested by brokenman on mchat - better got with lxde edition or lxde+openbox module:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2232&p=15537&hilit=openbox#p15537
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

guimenez
White ninja
White ninja

Re: Kiosk version but only with File Manager?

Post#3 by guimenez » 21 Jun 2013, 21:34

fanthom wrote:yes it is possible (drop pcmanfm+libfm+deps to /modules folder) but please mind that kiosk kernel wont let you save anything on a writable filesystem (you may use kernel from 32bit standard edition to resolve this)
kiosk wont even let you download anything from internet or edit files so not sure if this is really what you want.
as suggested by brokenman on mchat - better got with lxde edition or lxde+openbox module:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2232&p=15537&hilit=openbox#p15537
Thanks for the help.
I guess that i will stay with porteus desktop because of the writen permissions.