• Mini-Chat
fulalas - 29 Jun 2017, 02:16
@Evan , I'm referring to this: 'most of the bloated core code bolted onto the uncrippled Unbuntu kernel is what gives Ubuntu it's superior hardware detection'. I'm just curious about this 'superior hardware detection' you told me. :)
FURRY_NOVA - 29 Jun 2017, 02:25
I once had another portable linux a while back. It was something like 15-35 mb. Can't remember what it was called though. The graphics were bad and I didn't know how to set it up how to save changes.
Evan - 29 Jun 2017, 05:42
@ FURRY_NOVA - LOL , sounds only slightly better than Windows 3.1. :)
FURRY_NOVA - 29 Jun 2017, 05:48
I was shown it at college for a demonstration on other operating systems.
Evan - 29 Jun 2017, 05:49
@ fulalas -
brokenman wrote:THanks Francois. Maybe another reason to move the base towards ubuntu. You can't beat it for compatibility.
Evan - 29 Jun 2017, 05:49
The internet is full of people saying how great Ubuntu is for compatibility and hardware detection but i stopped using Ubuntu years ago when i couldn't move the side bar :D , so i'm just conveying what over people have to say , but when ever the subject comes up why is Ubuntu so bloated yet so popular with users and Vendors then 'superior hardware detection' is often the reason given , maybe i'm a fool to believe it but i did start my sentence as saying "maybe this is wrong" :)
FURRY_NOVA - 29 Jun 2017, 05:51
I've tried many different distributions other month ago. I thought Xubuntu was the most easilest out of the large installs for hard drives. I think it's possible to remove the bloat with apt-get or their program listing app.
FURRY_NOVA - 29 Jun 2017, 05:54
If I recall different distributions had different issues. Like forcing user to have password. No account manager. Some installers were near the same when running on Virtual Box.
Evan - 29 Jun 2017, 06:09
I've lost count the amount of times i've nearly installed to the wrong partition or drive. :)
Evan - 29 Jun 2017, 11:23
@ fulalas - Feels like you have been back and forth on the forth on the forum for like the last 24 hours , dont you ever sleep? :)
Announcement: The Porteus Development Team is proud to announce the immediate availability of Porteus Desktop 3.2.2 and Porteus Kiosk 4.2.0! Go here for more information.
Loading Autoupdate every 5 seconds 

Who is chatting

No one is chatting ( based on users active over the past 30 minutes )
Refreshes every 30 seconds
Legend: Administrators, Contributors, Experienced user, Global moderators, Girls, Registered users